Even though we’re based in the UK we’ve had a huge amount of sign ups from around the world – from Brazil to Australia.
Whilst this tells us there’s a want for myLovelyParent out in those places it’s always good to back it up with some facts and figures. Plus those clever people who write about us seem to like them too.
- There are 5.8 million people over 45 yrs living alone in the UK
- 1.7 million are widowed women aged 65 or over
Labour Force Survey, Office for National Statistics 2011
- There are over 27 million people either widowed or divorced
- And over 20 million people over age 50 yrs+ live alone
Australian stats are officially hard to come by. Not because they’ve not been collated. Mainly because their Bureau of Statistics has a really difficult to use website.
We managed to get a few though:
- Between 2006 and 2031, the number of people living alone is projected to grow from 1.9 million to 3.2 million
- Almost two-thirds of the increase is projected to be among people aged 60 years and over
If you’d like some stats for a country not listed drop us an email at matt@myLovelyParent.com. We’ll do our best to cobble some together.